Current Promotional Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale - DuluxHeritage.co.uk
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of goods to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to in it.
Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these Terms if you accept them. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site. You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 10. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 16th August 2023.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
Information about us
- We are Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 218019 and with our registered office at The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS (us, our or we). We operate the website www.duluxheritage.co.uk (this/our site). To contact us, please see our Contact Us page Contact Us
Use of the site
How we use your personal information
If you are a consumer (this clause only applies if you are a consumer)
- If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from our site if you are at least 18 years old.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
If you are a business customer (this clause only applies if you are a business)
- You confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
- These Terms and any documents referred to in them and any specification provided by us to you constitute the entire agreement between you and us. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these Terms or any document referred to in them.
- After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order detailing the Products ordered and giving an estimated date for delivery. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted.
- We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the Products have been dispatched (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us and you will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 10.5, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders which do not comply with these Terms or any other promotional offer terms and conditions at any time in the sale process.
- Please note, unfortunately we cannot deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or to addresses outside of Great Britain mainland (this includes the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Mann, Isle of Wight, the Scottish Isles and the Channel Isles). Please see your dispatch confirmation for estimated delivery date.
- We commit to delivery of testers to you in 7 working days.
- The images of the Products on the website are for illustrative purposes only.
- We have made every effort to display the colours of the Products as accurately as electronic media will allow. However, we cannot guarantee an exact colour match of the on-screen colour to the colours of the actual Products, and the colours contained on the site should not be relied on as such. Colours may vary depending on your screen settings and resolution.
- We recommend that you use a colour tester on the actual surface to be painted before undertaking your decoration. This will give you a stronger indication of the appearance of the actual colour, which can be affected by the substrate and the texture of the surface, or by soft furnishings and the shape, size and lighting of the room. Please note that colour testers indicate the colour of the product only, and are not representative of the quality or sheen of the eventual product purchased.
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on the site.
- All Products on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the Products ordered are not available and we will not be able process any orders. If you have already paid for the Product, we will refund you as soon as reasonably possible.
- For details of delivery of the Products purchased please see our Delivery and Returns Policy
- Please note, unfortunately we cannot deliver to addresses in Northern Ireland or to addresses outside of Great Britain mainland (this includes the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Mann, Isle of Wight, the Scottish Isles and the Channel Isles). Please see your dispatch confirmation for estimated delivery date.
Returns and Cancellations
- You may return any Products purchased from our site or cancel a Contract in accordance with the terms set out in our Delivery and Returns Policy
- The prices of the Products will be quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of the Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. However, if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered, please see clause 10.5.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Dispatch Confirmation.
- The price of a Product includes VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. Please see the Delivery section.
- Our site contains a large number of Products. It is possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Products you have ordered we will attempt to inform you of this error and give the option of continuing to purchase the Products at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Products at the incorrect (lower) price.
- You can only pay for the Products using a PayPal account, debit or credit card.
- Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
- If you are a business customer, time for payment shall be of the essence.
Changes to these Terms
- We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time in the following circumstances:
- a. changes in how payment is accepted;
- b. changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- c. any other reasonable circumstance from time to time.
- Each time you place an order for Products, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
- Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this Clause 10, we will give notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
Our liability if you are a business (this clause only applies if you are a business customer)
- We only supply the Products for use by your business, and you agree not to use the Product for any re-sale purposes.
- Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude our liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c. breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- d. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause 11.1, we will under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- a. any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- b. loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- c. loss of business opportunity;
- d. loss of anticipated savings;
- e. loss of goodwill; or
- f. any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 11.1 and clause 11.2, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed three times the price of the Products purchased.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
Our liability if you are a consumer (this clause only applies if you are a consumer)
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
- We only supply the Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- c. any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- d. any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- e. defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in Clause 13.2.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
- a. we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- b. our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
Communications between us
- When we refer, in these Terms to “in writing”, this will include email.
- If you are a consumer:
- To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so under Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) (See our Delivery and Returns Policy), you should contact the Dulux Customer Care centre on 0333 222 71 71 (this is a local rate number and call charges will apply) or email notification of cancellation to email@example.com. Cancellation of a Contract is effective from the date of the phone call or when the e-mail is sent. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records.
- If you wish to contact us in writing for any other reason, you can send this to us by email or by prepaid post to ICI Paints AkzoNobel, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5DS. You can also contact us by calling the Dulux Customer Care centre on 0333 222 71 71.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
- If you are a business, please note that any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee. The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the services of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- The Contract is personal to you and you may not transfer your rights and obligations under these Terms to another person without our prior written consent.
- The Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- These Terms are governed by English law. This means that the Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction (unless you are a consumer and resident in either Northern Ireland or Scotland, in which case you may also bring proceedings in those countries).
- We own the copyright, trademarks, design right and all other intellectual property rights in the Products and you agree that these rights may not be used in any way without our written consent.
- Only one Discount Code can be applied per transaction.
- Discount Codes have no monetary value and there is no cash alternative; they may not be exchanged for cash and are not transferable.
- Discount Codes may have restrictions on where they may be applied (e.g dulux.co.uk, online, in-store) and how they may be applied (e.g products, services) - please check the terms & conditions communicated with your Discount Code before use.
- The validity period of Discount Codes will vary – please refer to terms & conditions communicated with your Discount Code to check validity dates.
- The value of Discount Codes may vary – please check the details communicated with your Code. ICI AkzoNobel Limited reserves the right to amend or withdraw a Discount Code, in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice.
- Discount Codes are applied to the Order Total (inclusive of Tax and delivery).
- Where Discount Codes have a fixed monetary value, no change is given where the value of the Code exceeds the value of the order to which it is applied.
- Discount Code use is subject to availability; standard terms & conditions of sale apply.
- ICI AkzoNobel Limited reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any Participant from using a Discount Code or withhold the Discount Code, where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
- Discount Codes are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We promise our paint will give you the perfect colour with a uniform finish and the coverage stated, or we’ll replace it.
- The Dulux Promise (the "Promise") entitles a customer who has purchased Dulux; Matt, Silk or Soft Sheen, or EasyCare Matt, Kitchen or Bathroom, or Dulux Trade; Vinyl Matt, Silk or Soft Sheen, Flat Matt, Diamond Matt or Diamond Eggshell (500ml and larger packs only) or Dulux or Dulux Trade product with the Dulux Promise logo on-pack in the UK ("Selected Product") who believes that their Selected Product hasn't delivered the perfect colour, a uniform finish or the coverage stated, to a voucher to replace the Selected Product.
- The Promise is available to private individuals and sole traders aged 16 and above that are resident in the United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) and to all partnerships and companies with their registered office address in the United Kingdom (the “Participants”). The Promise is not available to employees of the AkzoNobel group of companies, their agents, wholesalers, resellers or retailers. Resellers and retailers may not submit claims on behalf of their customers.
- The Promise covers the replacement of the Selected Product only and excludes any claim for labour or other costs in respect of the original or replacement product.
- Claims can only be made by the person that purchased the Selected Product.
- The Selected Product must have been applied on properly prepared surfaces and in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions (including those on-pack, datasheet and colour label instructions).
- Claims must be submitted by contacting the AkzoNobel Customer Advice centre on either 0333 222 7070 (Dulux Trade) or 0333 222 7171 (Dulux Retail), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to AkzoNobel Customer Advice Centre, The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS, no later than 6 months after the purchase of the Selected Product. You will be required to:
- Provide a clear copy of your itemised receipt or invoice showing the details of the Selected Product that you have purchased, the date of the purchase and the price paid for the Selected Product;
- Provide a description of the issue with the colour, the finish or the coverage stated of the Selected Product;
- Provide the postcode of the address at which the Selected Product has been applied;
- Provide a photograph of the wall(s) painted with the Selected Product.
- Provide the batch number that is printed on the can
- Provided that the Selected Product has been applied on properly prepared surfaces and in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions (including those on-pack, datasheet and colour label instructions), the claim will be deemed valid if the description of the issue and application photo demonstrate that the Selected Product is not the perfect colour or is not a uniform finish or has not provided the coverage stated on the pack.
- We may send a representative to assess the painted area in question to verify that the claim is based on a bona fide purchase of a Selected Product and to ensure that the Selected Product and its application meets the conditions required for the Promise to apply.
- Upon validation of a claim, a voucher for the replacement product will be sent to you by post within 28 days. You can redeem your voucher for a replacement for the Selected Product at any participating store before the voucher expiration date. Replacement products are subject to availability. Full voucher terms and conditions apply, see voucher for details. Participating stores include: B&Q, Homebase, Dulux Decorator Centres, Brewers, TP, Jewson and most independent paint retailers (please note list is correct at time of publishing but remains subject to change).
- The voucher is issued for the recommended product to replace the Selected Product that was deemed unsatisfactory.
- For a claim related to colour not being the colour you like, the replacement product cannot be in the same colour as the Selected Product which is the subject of the claim, and the Promise will not apply to the replacement colour. Replacement product for claims relating to colour are limited to 10L per claim and per customer claiming.
- We reserve the right to reject claim if we have reason to believe that they are fraudulent or that there has been a violation of any of these Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”).
- We accept no responsibility for claims that are incomplete, illegible, damaged or lost. Proof of submission of a claim is not proof of receipt.
- It is not necessary for customers to return the unsatisfactory product (unless we specifically request it in which case we shall arrange and pay for carriage). Returns will not be accepted. Disposal of any product is the responsibility of the customer.
- No third party or joint submissions will be accepted.
- The Promise does not cover problems that were caused due to reasons outside of our control (for an example an issue with the substrate) or where the Selected Product was applied on surfaces which were not properly prepared or applied otherwise than in accordance with the manufacturer’s tips and instructions.
- Claims not made in accordance with these T&Cs will be deemed invalid. If a claim is refused because the terms of the Promise have not been met, AkzoNobel’s decision is final.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions ("T&Cs") is found in any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed not to be part of the T&Cs and it shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of the provisions of the T&Cs.
- We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or terminate the Promise without notice. All claims made in accordance with these T&Cs and made prior to the Promise being withdrawn, amended or terminated will still be honoured.
- The voucher has no cash value, is not transferable or assignable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. No cash or alternative to the voucher will be provided.
- AkzoNobel shall not be liable for any:
- Conditions, warranties or other terms which are not included in the Promise or these T&Cs; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss, damage or costs incurred by any customer in connection with the Selected Product or this Promise, or the cost of any labour for the application of the Selected Product.
- These exclusions do not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of AkzoNobel, or its employees or agents or anything else that the law says we cannot exclude.
- The Promise does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please retain these T&Cs for future reference.
- This Promise is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- In these terms and conditions “We” and “AkzoNobel” mean Imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel.
- AkzoNobel, the AkzoNobel logo, Dulux, the Flourish logo, Let's Colour, distinctive colour names and liveries are trademarks of the AkzoNobel group ©AkzoNobel 2018.
Email address for all Promise related correspondence is: email@example.com
UGC Terms & Conditions
How will Dulux use your photo and other information provided?
You will retain legal ownership of any rights you own (including copyright) in any photo you upload. However, by replying #YESHeritage you grant to Imperial Chemical Industries Limited (trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel), The Akzo Nobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, Berks SL2 5DS Registered number 21801 and its affiliates.
Dulux Heritage a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable licence to use the photo in the manner set out below.
1) Dulux's webpages
We may use your photo on Dulux Heritage webpages, product pages, colour pages and in editorial and advertising content.
In addition, by replying #YESHeritage you also grant Dulux Heritage the right to use your social media username, image, likeness, caption or other identifying information in connection with the use of your photo.
Dulux Heritage will choose and publish uploaded photos at its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, Dulux Heritage is under no obligation to use any of the photos uploaded.
2) Campaigns and owned channel usage
If your image is really special, we may want to use your photo in an advertising campaign. This could include using the photo in any of the following formats:
Social Media channels, Email marketing, Online, Dulux printed magazine.
If we’re interested in using your photo for a campaign, we will contact you again to ask for your permission.
- General usage terms
By replying #YESHeritage, you warrant and represent that (i) you own all rights (including copyright) in the photo uploaded or, if the photo is subject to third party rights, you have all required licenses, rights, consents and/or permissions to publish the photo and grant the licence described above to Dulux Heritage, and (ii) you are over 18 years of age.
To the extent permitted by law, you also agree to waive any moral rights you may own in relation to any photos uploaded.
Dulux may use, edit, alter, reproduce, translate, publish, or create derivative works from any photo uploaded at Dulux Heritage’s sole discretion.
- Photo Content Guidelines
All photos are moderated by Dulux Heritage. We will not select for publication photos that contain any of the following content:
a.Copyrighted and/or Trademarked Material: please do not upload any photos or other content that infringes or might infringe the rights (e.g. copyright or trademarks) of a third party (such as content that contains any third-party content such as trademarks, logos, company names, insignia, photographs or works of art, excerpts of the books, photos/videos of TV or film scenes).
- Abusive Imagery: any images that could reasonably be considered as harmful, threatening or violent, harassing, abusive, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, discriminatory, profane or bullying.
- Impersonation: non-offensive usernames only, and do not impersonate any other person.
- Private & Confidential: Anything that would be considered confidential or that would allude to an individual (e.g. work details, credit card numbers, address details, anything distinctive that a particular individual is known for).
- People / Facial Recognition: photos that contain people within the image, whether or not their face can be seen. This includes pictures of people within the photograph (e.g. a photograph within a photo frame on a desk).
- Comments: Any information accompanying your photos is accurate (where they include facts) and are your genuinely held opinions (where you are giving your opinion). We won’t use anything which is in anyway defamatory of any person or company.
- Advertising: images that advertise or promote your own or third parties’ goods or services in any photos or submissions.
- Links: any images that do not link to any media or executable file with your photos.
- What Happens If I Have a Complaint About a Photo or Want a Photo Removed (which is posted without permission)
If you believe that an uploaded photo on our webpages is inappropriate, offensive or is violating someone’s legal rights (e.g. trademark or copyright infringement) then you can report the photo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to remove the photos from our website or marketing materials at any time, for any reason.
- Third Party Sites
Users of the Dulux Heritage’s site are able to save the photos displayed on the website and product pages across their social media.
Please note that while Dulux Heritage can remove photos from the duluxheritage.co.uk website, Dulux Heritage is unable to, nor is Dulux Heritage responsible for, the removal of any photos shared or posted by third parties on third party sites which are not under Dulux Heritage’s control. If you wish to report a photo shared on a third-party site, you should contact the third party or third-party site directly.
Instagram giveaway November 2022
- By entering this free prize draw competition (“Competition”), participants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions
- This Promotion is being run by AkzoNobel and is not administered by Instagram.
- This Competition is open to all residents of the UK, aged 18 years and over, excluding employees of AkzoNobel, its subsidiaries and affiliates, their immediate families/households, agents, entities and their subsidiaries, affiliates and immediate families/households associated with the available prizes, or anyone else connected professionally with the Competition. The Competition is only open to individuals and companies and organisations are not eligible to enter.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize.
- AkzoNobel may disqualify Competition entries that are:
- deemed offensive or promotes or endorses violence, homophobia, racism or any other socially unacceptable or illegal material in the sole opinion of AkzoNobel;
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk (e.g. spam entries);
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals;
- incomplete; or
- Participants may submit multiple entries.
- AkzoNobel reserves all rights to disqualify participants if conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- To submit a valid entry, participants must create an online Instagram account and:
- Follow @Duluxheritage on Instagram and continue to be following at the time the winner is selected during 2022;
- Like the marked Competition post on the @Duluxheritage Instagram page and continue to be liking at the time the winner is selected during 2022; and
- Tag one Instagram user on the marked Competition post
- The Competition will accept entries between 12pm on Friday 25th November 2022 GMT to 11:59pm on Thursday 1st December GMT. Entries received after this will not be accepted. No responsibility is accepted by AkzoNobel for entries that are lost or delayed in transmission, incomplete, or illegible, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Entries will need to continue to be valid at the date the winner is selected, which shall be during 2022. Participants will only be eligible if they hold an active Instagram user account and no responsibility will be accepted by AkzoNobel if a participant cannot create or has been banned from using Instagram.
- Five PRIZES will be awarded at random to eligible entries. One prize per winner. The prize is 5L of Dulux Heritage paint in a colour or colours of the winners choice. This may include both the Dulux Heritage Velvet Matt paint and/or Dulux Heritage Eggshell paint to the value of 5L.
- There is no cash alternative for the prize or any part thereof.
- AkzoNobel reserves the right to re-draw the prize if a winner is not eligible or cannot be contacted. Winners will be contacted by Instagram direct message. Winners are responsible for ensuring their privacy settings allows direct messages to be received. AkzoNobel will make reasonable efforts to contact the winners, however it reserves the right to re-draw the prize if a winner is unable to be contacted or does not respond to contact or claim the prize within 14 days.
- Five winners will be chosen at random using a number generator from all valid entries received. The winners will be drawn on or after Friday 2nd December and the Promoter will notify the winners via announcing on their Instagram story, tagging the winning Instagram user account and liaising with the winner via Instagram direct message to ask for their contact details to arrange the prize. The winner will only receive correspondence regarding this competition from Dulux Heritage’s official page @Duluxheritage. By entering this Competition, you accept that AkzoNobel may publish your Instagram user account name.
- To receive the prize, the winner will need to provide a UK address, phone number and email address which will be used by AkzoNobel for the sole purpose of fulfilling the prize. If the winner fails to provide their contact details within 14 days of initial contact from AkzoNobel, the prize will be offered to the next chosen winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winners within 30 days of receiving their chosen colour and address details.
- AkzoNobel reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude any participants in this Competition or withhold any prize where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
- AkzoNobel’s decision on all matters relating to the prize draw is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- AkzoNobel reserves the right to amend or withdraw this Competition in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice. AkzoNobel reserves the right to substitute these prizes for prizes of equal or greater value if necessary in its opinion. AkzoNobel reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, AkzoNobel excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any participant in connection with this free prize draw competition. This shall not be deemed to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of AkzoNobel or its employees or agents.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
- This promotion is governed by English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. This promotion is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram. The promoter is Imperial Chemical Industries Limited, Trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel, with a registered address at the AkzoNobel Building Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS “AkzoNobel”
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or association with Instagram.
CUSTOMER RATINGS & REVIEWS TERMS
We are committed to delivering high-quality products to Our customers and recognise the importance of Customer Ratings and Reviews (CRR). These terms apply to customers who wish to contribute to the Rating and Review process.
Please note in completing Your details and any other details, including ratings, reviews and the associated questions and answers and submitting them ( the “Content”), you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by these Terms and the other documents expressly referred to within them in their entirety. If You refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to participate in the CRR . Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that You understand them, before entering Your details or submitting any Content. Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these Terms if you accept them.
You should print a copy of these Terms or save them to Your computer for future reference. We amend these Terms from time to time as set out below. Please check these Terms to ensure You understand the terms which will apply. These Terms were most recently updated on the 16th of August 2023.
These Terms are only in the English language.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
We are imperial Chemical Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel (“AkzoNobel”) a company registered in England and Wales under company number 218019 and with our registered office at The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS (Us, Our or We). We operate the website https://www.duluxheritage.co.uk/en/ (this/our site). To contact us, please see our Contact Us page- Heritage by Dulux - Luxury, Premium & High Quality Paint (duluxheritage.co.uk). If You wish to contact Us in writing, You can send this to Us by email or by prepaid post to ICI Paints AkzoNobel, Wexham Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5DS. You can also contact Us by calling the customer support telephone numbers which are: 0333 222 7070 (Dulux Trade) or 0333 222 7878 (Dulux Heritage).
CUSTOMER RATINGS AND REVIEWS
- By submitting your details and any Content You guarantee that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in the Content;
- All moral rights that you may have in such Content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All Content that you post is accurate, genuine and honest and relates to the product performance only;
- You confirm and agree that You are free to enter into these Terms and have full power and authority to grant Us all the associated rights and consents.
- You are at least 18 years old; and
- Use of the Content You supply does not violate these Terms and/r IPR or any other rights of any other person or entity.
- You further agree that you shall not submit any Content:
- That is known by You to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party's IPR including but not limited to copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, vexatious, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- That contains inappropriate or offensive language or imagery;
- For which You have been compensated or granted any consideration by any unapproved third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers or other personal information;
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files;
- That refers to third parties and/or competitor products;
- That contains promotional or advertising Content;
- That has been submitted repeatedly; or
- That refers to customer service, delivery, returns, availability or packaging issues.
- If the Content contains any material that is not owned by or licensed to You and/or which is subject to third party rights, you acknowledge and agree You are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of Your Content, all releases, consents and/or licenses necessary to permit use and exploitation of Your Content by us in accordance with these Terms without additional payment and that you will inform Us of the third party rights at the time the Content is submitted.
- Publication of Content will be at Our sole discretion, and We are entitled to make additions or deletions to Content prior to publication, after publication or to refuse publication for any reason. We reserve the right to change, condense, withhold publication, remove or delete any Content that We deem, in Our sole discretion, to violate the Content guidelines or any provision of these Terms.
- We do not guarantee that You will have any opportunity to edit or delete any Content You have submitted prior to publication.
- You acknowledge that You, not Us, are responsible for Content. You warrant that you have the lawful right to submit the Content and agree that you will not submit any Content unless You are legally entitled to do so. You grant Us the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Content constitutes a violation of their rights, including IPR or of their right to privacy.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Us and Our subsidiary companies, officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (including indirect, loss of profit and consequential) including reasonable costs, arising out of a breach of these Terms, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- For any Content that You submit, You grant Us a perpetual, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such Content and/or incorporate such Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you. You acknowledge that all copyright and other IPR in or attaching to the Content shall immediately upon submission vest absolutely in Us. You hereby absolutely and unconditionally assign (including by way of present assignment of future copyright) all of your rights, title, and interest in and to the Content wherever in the world enforceable for the full term of such rights including any renewals, reversions, and extensions. You hereby grant to Us all consents which may be required under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and any other applicable law in the world) to exploit the Content and unconditionally and irrevocably waive in favour of Us any moral rights, performers’ rights and all similar or analogous rights anywhere in the world now existing or created in future which You may have in relation to the Content.
- We do not accept unauthorised idea submissions outside of established business relationships. Please do not communicate unauthorised idea submissions to us through the CRR. Any ideas disclosed to us outside a pre-existing and documented confidential business relationship are not confidential and we shall therefore be entitled to develop, use, copy and/or commercially exploit these or similar ideas to the fullest extent and without compensating you or accounting to you. By submitting an idea or other detailed submission to us through CRR, you agree to be bound by these terms.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Insofar as is permitted by law, We, our agents or distributors exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied and will not in any circumstances be liable to compensate You or accept any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by You in connection with the CRR. This shall not be deemed to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Us or Our employees or agents.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts Your statutory rights as a consumer.
14.1 We reserve the right, with or without cause, and at Our sole discretion, to exclude You or any Content from the CRR for any reason, including where there has been, or we suspect there has been a violation of any of these Terms.
14.2 We reserve the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the CRR in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice.
14.3 We reserve the right to revise these Terms from time to time, due to changes in the CRR; changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and any other reasonable circumstance from time to time. Whenever we revise these Terms in accordance with this Clause, we will give notice of this by stating that these Terms have been amended and the relevant date at the top of this page.
14.4 The CRR is in no way endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter or any social media channels.
14.5 You may not transfer Your rights and obligations under these Terms to another person without Our prior written consent. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise
14.6 Each of the parts of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect
14.7 If We fail to insist that You perform any of Your obligations under these Terms, or if We do not enforce Our rights against You, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived Our rights against You and will not mean that You do not have to comply with those obligations. If We do waive a default by You, We will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that We will automatically waive any later default by You.
14.8 These Terms are governed by English law. This means that the Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction (unless You are a consumer and resident in either Northern Ireland or Scotland, in which case You may also bring proceedings in those countries).
The customer support telephone numbers are: 0333 222 7070 (Dulux Trade) or 0333 222 7878 (Dulux Heritage).